My understanding was that standalone-metastore release is to be done
independently of hive release. Once we verify that standalone-metastore works
for branch-3.1 we can start the release process for standalone-metastore.

@Thejas,
Can you please confirm this?

Vineet

On Jul 20, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Vihang Karajgaonkar