I think to use "probot" we would need to ask infra to configure the "probot"
github app.
It seems to me that the stale plugin from github actions provides almost the same functionaluty - as they seem to be more or less identical in features I would go with the latter.

I've opened a pr to enable stale on the hive repo:
by default it will mark as stale afte 60 days; and close it if there is no
activity for another 7 days
https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/1049

cheers,
Zoltan