Hi Vihang,

As you, I like the new infra very much!

I have opinion /answer for 2 of your questions below:

VK > 1. Whether to standardize on Squash into one commit

I think we should squash. The final code should not be polluted with the
meandering way we sometimes arrive to the final solution in some patch
processes with multiple reviewers.

VK > 3. Do committers merge the PR directly from the github?

Yes, I do. There is a possibility to connect your apache account to the
github account. You have to set-up 2 factor authentication for that. I
believe one of David Mollitor's previous letter contains more info on that.

I do not have that stong opinion on question 2. I believe that if the title
of the jira is good enough then it should be enough as a commit message
too. OTOH the PR/Jira discussion should contain the reasoning/debate behind
the scenes. But probably that's just me already adjusted to the status quo
:)

Thanks, Peter

Vihang Karajgaonkar <vihan...@apache.org> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. jún.
30., Ke 21:31):