Great work, Mike!  And thanks for helping with the permissions issues,
Stack.

I would also add that this release also fixes some build frustrations
for users of jdk8 (the javadoc linting warnings were breaking the build
for them).

* Checked md5sum
* Did a clean build with jdk8 and ran all unit tests
* Ran htraced locally and looked at the web UI a bit.

I did encounter https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE-387 when
doing a quick test on this release.  It's an existing bug, so I don't
think it merits a new R  But if we do do a new RC, it would be nice.

+1

best,
Colin