Thanks for putting this up, Mike!

+1

* verified signature and checksums.
* built from source and ran tests by "mvn install -Pnative", including htraced.
* built site documentation by "mvn site".
* built branch-2.8 of Apache Hadoop against htrace-4.2.0-incubating,
  verified that the tracing works in HDFS by using htraced.

# Building trunk of hadoop against htrace-4.2.0-incubating has hadoop-side issue.
# I filed HDFS-10871 for it.

Masatake Iwasaki