[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > This is news to me, and certainly no permission has been
> >  given to either Compaq nor Covalent to call anything a
> >  'Compaq Apache server.'  I am on the ASF board and I
> >  can tell you this has not come before us.
>
> Actually... it's called the 'Covalent Apache Web Server'.
> There isn't anything in your board meeting minutes that
> authorizes that, either.

If it says that anywhere on the product, or on Covalent's
or Compaq's sites, then the board will ask that it be changed.
However, if you are basing this solely on the C!NET article,
I do not think that it authoritative enough to warrant any
action at all; asking C!NET to clarify would not accomplish
much.  I do not think that either Covalent or Compaq are
using that name, however, and it is a non-issue if they are not.

I see Randy has already responded.
--
#ken    P-)}