On Thu, 30 May 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Agreed, but I can think of one case.  (a bit of hand-waving, but a
> possibility, nonetheless) :-)  If I write two filters that work in
> tandem to solve a problem, I may want to use a special bucket type to
> facilitate them working together.

Fair enough.  I was thinking of a similar situation a few minutes ago.
Though I think in practice it's likely that such a bucket type would hang
on to the buffer it copied the data into in addition to the "native"
format and would therefore meet my earlier assertion by virtue of having
the data in both formats (binary buffer and "native" format) after the
first call to apr_bucket_read().  It wouldn't *have* to, but it probably
would anyway.  :)

--Cliff