> Brian Pane writes:
>  > Blaise Tarr wrote:
>  >
>  > >With 2.0.40 content coming from mod_proxy and mod_cgi is no longer
>  > >streamed to the client but sent in one big chunk.
>  >
>  > Here's a patch that removes the buffering.  Let me know if
>  > it solves the proxy streaming problem.
>
> Thanks Brian.  It's much better now, but it still buffers in 8K chunks
> as opposed to the 2.0.32 behavior where there was no apparent
> buffering.
>
> thanks,
>
> Blaise

I notice that the code I put in to do non-blocking reads on CGI pipes has
been removed (or moved from where it lived in the c-l filter). We need
equivalent function wherever we read from CGI pipes. That probably accounts
for the difference in behaviour. The first read from the server to fetch
bytes from a CGI pipe should be non-blocking. If we do a non-blocking read
and get EWOULDBLOCK, we should flush whatever we've read so far to the
network then do a blocking read on the pipe.  If we have lost this
capability, then our CGI support is broken.

Bill