On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 09:54:45AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> It's time for a 2.1-dev tree, if we want to be playing with new ideas, guys.
> If they test out clean and don't break compatibility [in any significant
> way]
> then they can be backported to 2.0.

I dislike backporting things.  I think we all need to be on the 'same
version.'  Heck, we have committers who refuse to use 2.0 ("it's not
portable").  If we go to 2.1, then I want to see 2.0 closed for
anything other than security fixes.

I don't think we have enough of a community to continue active
development on two separate (but similar) trees.  I don't want to
start 2.1 and still see everyone adding features to 2.0.  -- justin