YES!

The pattern is:

<VirtualHost>
  <Directory> (and .htaccess'es within those directories)
     <Files>
        <Location>

with the <Limit[Except]>s parsed in the appropriate container.

We repeat <Location> because the original <Location> could
have changed in translate_name, and yes, the URI permissions
or restrictions always override any file-based permissions.

E.g., you could have a

DocumentRoot /thatpath

Alias /secure-dav/ /thatpath/

<Location /secure-dav>
    Dav On
</Location>

and even though DAV is OFF in the <Directory /thatpath> ...
the server will still allow a DAV view within the /secure-dav/...
namespace.

This is how 1.3 and 2.0 have always worked.

Bill