Jeff Trawick wrote:
Greg Ames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

--On Monday, January 06, 2003 16:58:24 -0500 Greg Ames
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But what's the advantage of copying all these files rather than just
leaving AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR pointing to APR's build dir?
You don't need srclib/{apr,apr-util} present to build httpd.
...assuming you run ./buildconf with srclib/apr/build present.  It
still has a dependency.

OK, the light bulb is coming on, thanks.  Since you usually don't need
to run ./buildconf on our release tarballs, non-CVS users gain some
independence.

I'll commit your patch with the change I mentioned in a bit.

Has anybody verified that it actually works to not have srclib/apr?
It doesn't work for me.

Since buildconf is broken without srclib/apr, I first did buildconf
then renamed srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util. Configure completed, but
the generation of exports.c fails since the makefiles assume that apr
and apr-util header files can be found under srclib.

Here is what I would recommend:

a) Set AC_AUX_DIR like it was historically (assume there is srclib/apr).
b) Release 2.0.44
c) Re-integrate into APACHE_2_0_BRANCH Fred's changes to separate from APR, though with the portability fixes this time.
Sounds like a plan.

I'll be happy to change configure.in back, but what do I commit it against? 2.0-stable? If so, what's the process (since it doesn't make any sense to put it into 2.1 first)? Post patch & ask for votes before committing, then make sure Sander knows about it?

Greg