At 12:36 AM 11/14/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>'Individual' attempts to contribute are getting IGNORED
>and the last few words of this message thread's subject
>line are just asking to hear from the powers that be
>what they intend to do about that ( solutions please ? ).

Yes, I think that's the page everyone is on.  How to solve this.

>( and before you come back with the standard "Are YOU
>willing to review patches, then?" at least I'll be honest
>and say there's NO WAY right now or for the forseeable
>future. Unlike you... I am NOT paid to work on Apache and
>I just don't have the time. [...]

Actually, I invest far more than 40 hours in my work and Apache time,
and I know of many others (from other companies) that do likewise.

But you just hit the nail on the head, "NO WAY".  Nobody suggested
that the core committers must single-handedly review the wealth of
patches that are offered on this list and added to bugzilla!

How can we communicate to this list, bugzilla users and others, that all
it takes is to vote on the patch (in bugzilla, or by posting to this list) that
the proposed solution actually solves the problem, and didn't break anything
else in the process?!?

"It works for me" are the four sweetest words to read when any of us are
spending a free hour looking for patches to consider and apply!

>Besides, I'm also about 100%
>sure you don't want me reviewing patches for Apache.
>Newcomers can go read some archived messages
>if they are curious about the history there. )

If the casual reader is wondering why Kevin is unfortunately not been
welcomed with open arms, by all means do go back over those archives.

Then again, one doesn't need to scroll back more than the past day or few.

Forgive in advance, Kevin, if I now tune you out.

Bill