Jess Holle wrote:
> My apologies if this is better done on the user group, but I've been
> reading Apache source code and trying to understand the following.
>
> Is there any way to signal mod_deflate that a particular response should
> not be deflated when:
>
>   1. the URL of the request is identical to other cases that should be
>      deflated,
>   2. the MIME type of the response is identical to other cases that
>      should be deflated, and
>   3. the response is not already compressed/deflated?
>
> Essentially request parameters, data states, Java server logic, etc,
> behind mod_jk (or mod_jk2) will dictate whether compression can be
> allowed, but I need a way to signal this in my response from Tomcat.
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated!

really, it's the client that decides whether the content should be encoded
or not, which they typically do by setting an Accept-Encoding request
header.  so remove that in the client and no compression.

from the server side, it looks like you can set use the subprocess_env table
to suppress it if you have access to the API

  apr_table_setn(r->subprocess_env, "no-gzip");

not sure if either of these suits you, though.

HTH

--Geoff