* Joe Orton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:32:30PM +0100, André Malo wrote:
> > * [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > >   * include/http_connection.h: Declare eoc bucket interface.
> >
> > Shouldn't this be a minor MMN bump?
>
> I dunno, I don't really see the point in bumping the minor MMN more than
> once between releases and it's already been bumped three times since
> .48.
>
> In my mind an API is fixed in stone and supported only once it makes it
> to a release tarball; anything in CVS is subject to change, removal etc.
> So I'd say exactly one minor MMN bump is sufficient to differentiate the
> new 2.0.49 API from the old 2.0.4[78] API.  Maybe opinions differ...

Hmm. Third party development doesn't only occur after a release. I find
these bumps in addition to their compat function also very good as a
documenting tool (so we should at least add a short description about the
bucket thing to the last bump).

w.r.t. changes in CVS - we're in a stable branch. Nothing should be removed
here after added (except Bugs ;-). If we start to work that way you
described outside the development branch, then there's something
really wrong.

IMHO, of course...

nd