--On Sunday, March 14, 2004 11:18 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

as the GNU, ASF, and SF projects all discovered, full backups by third
parties are invaluable. What is the equivalent to rsync, and is it as stable?

I think you mean cvsup not rsync. We're currently creating incremental dumps on every commit. Those can be digitally signed and rsync'd off-site. This is far more secure and auditable than any CVS-based solution - and is in fact, one reason why the ASF [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the board want to get off CVS. -- justin