On Wed, 19 May 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> And a lot of pain and wasted time could be saved if all this was documented.

I know.  :(

> I'm not aware of such documentation's existance, besides very scarce notes in
> the header files.

The best documentation that exists, besides what's in the header files, is
in the talk I gave on Bucket Brigades at ApacheCon 2002; see
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/talks/ for links to the slides (ppt)
and notes pages (pdf).  There are also links there to my slides from
ApacheCon 2003, which discuss debugging buckets and brigades.  The second
best bucket reference is a section in Chapter 13 of Ryan's book Apache
Server 2.0: The Complete Reference, pp 310-322.  If anybody else knows of
other resources, I'd love to know about them... but I suspect that's more
or less it.  Right from the horses' mouths.  But unfortunately neither
Ryan nor I were verbose enough in either case to really go into the kind
of depth you're looking for.  Not that I don't agree it would be useful to
have written down somewhere.

--Cliff