Hi;

Due to some poor performance on a clients Apache server, I made some
changes over the winter for their specific issues. The client was very
pleased with the changes I had made and have asked me to release them back
into the Apache mainstream release.

I should note that the issues this client was experiencing was due mainly
to their particular environment and how they were using Apache. The
changes I made simply helped Apache adapt better to their environment and
I believe these changes could be useful for other clients as well.

The first change was to modify mod_alias to work with sorted array
elements instead of a linear list (they have well over 1000 redirect rules
of this sort). This also included an array sort function put into alloc.c.

The second changes dealt with proxy timeouts. I see there seems to be a
whole seperate group for proxy issues. Therefore for now I'd like to work
to get the mod_alias changes added in and I'll deal with the proxies
later.

What is the correct way to start to move forward with this?

Thanks

Jeffrey Bugroyne

Chief Technology Architect
KCSI Keenuh Consulting Services Inc