Our shipping with AddDefaultCharset preconfigured is causing lots of
pages to be served with a bogus charset, typically where authors
rely on <meta http-equiv ...> and either don't know how to fix it
or lack permission.

Bundling AddDefaultCharsets help users fix this.  But really we need
to do two more things.  One is to update the documentataion - perhaps
a tutorial on the subject.  The other is to turn multiviews on by
default, so authors whose sysops stick with defaults and offer no
privileges can deal with it without having to hardwire

Does this make sense?  Or could we simply drop the AddDefaultCharset
from the installation default as suggested by Duerst and others?

--
Nick Kew