On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 01:11:16PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >The PMC would have to be willing to specifically forbid maintenance of
> >2.0 in order to determine such a date.
>
> No, I do not want to make it forbidden.  Rather, I would like a set date
>  where we do not provide _any_ implied support as the HTTPd project.

Come on, this is silly.  The "implied support" is only ever "how
developers spend their time", be that bugzilla triage or writing code
etc.  In a free software project no "policy" gets to dictate how
developers must spend their time, neither can you predict exactly how
many months or years it will be before developers stop caring about 1.3
or 2.0 or 2.2.

joe