On Aug 14, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

snip...

+CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:
+
+  Virtual hosts a'la mod_ftpd don't work.

It does work like this:
Listen 80
Listen 25

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:25

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName localhost
    DocumentRoot htdocs
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:25>
    ServerName localhost
    SmtpProtocol On
</VirtualHost>

no?

+RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
+
+
+ smtp_process_connection_internal should take a "smtp_proto_rec" argument + (which is what the current "smtp_request_rec" struct should be renamed to).

I can easily rename smtpd_request_rec but I don't think I should pass it to smtpd_process_connection internal only because the hooks take a request_rec*. They need request_rec to use filters (even though i don't currently enable convenient use of filters yet).

Unless I add a member to smtpd_proto_rec that is a pointer to the related request_rec (solely so filters can work) and use smtpd_proto_rec as the main structure.

+
+CURRENT VOTES:
+
+
+TODO ISSUES:
+
+  The request i/o is driven around ap_rgetline, when it really
+  should be using input filters.

I have to look a little more into this.

+WISH LIST:
+
+ Link against libapreq2 so we can use its header and multipart parsers. + apreq's header parser would help in implementing rfc2821 loop- detection,
+  and in providing the header collection as r->headers_in for "data"
+  hooks to examine.

Ideally header parsing should be done in an mod_smtpd plugin not in mod_smtpd.
-rian