Joost de Heer wrote:
Win32 is not special. It's a second-class citizen if anything because it gets so little developer attention.

And how many people compile the thing on Windows anyway, except the msi builder? My guess is that I need about 2 hands to count them....

Au contrare, I get feedback personally from about 25 people a year, that ping
me personally about something, and about 5 folks who maintain their own bin
distributions that include 'other things'.  I count 10 people on this list
alone who build for win32 when they have a reason to.  And there are several
posts a month to users@ or entries in the bugzilla from folks having problems.

The question isn't how many you know are building, the question is how many
we don't know.  Success == silence :)

Bill