-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robby Pedrica
Gesendet: Montag, 30. Januar 2006 09:27
Betreff: proxy failover/load balance

> wrt information provided by Mladen Turk, Jim Jagielski and Andreas Wieczorek:
>
> I'm having issues when using mod_proxy/mod_proxy_balancer and it appears
> these have been alluded to on the dev mailing list:
>
> 1. apache 220 doesn't appear to use the status=d value for a balancer member
> when loading ( status=disabled doesn't work as apache complains about the

This seems to be a bug in set_worker_param of mod_proxy.c. It should exit the
for loop once it found a valid thing.

> syntax ); when starting with status=d, apache starts fine but balancer
> manager still indicates that host you set as disabled in config is actually
> available

This seems to be a bug in init_balancer_members of mod_proxy_balancer.c which
seems to overwrite the status of the balancer members with
PROXY_WORKER_INITIALIZED.

> 2. when manually disabling a member in the balancer manager, it comes back
> online automatically after about a minute or 2

What do you mean with online? Is it enabled again? If yes, this might be
related to the bug above as init_balancer_members is called
by child_init which runs in the child_init hook. So I think everytime httpd
creates a new child process this gets reseted.

Regards

Rüdiger