On Saturday 17 June 2006 09:47, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 06/17/2006 08:57 AM, Alexander Lazic wrote:
> > On Sam 17.06.2006 00:54, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> >> From my current point of view the answer is: No, this is not possible
> >> out of the box.
> >> It may be possible if you modify the hook macros.
> >
> > And do you think that the developer would accept a patch for apache 2.x
> > and would apply it?
>
> Depends on the patch :-). Please take into account that these macros are
> part of apr-util. So this discussion belongs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Currently I have not made any thoughts how these macros could be modified
> in a way such that they play together with httpd logging.

I think you'd be far better off with a generic trace such as strace.
They're made for precisely this kind of thing.

Having said that. what you could do with the hooks is to wrap them
in functions that add logging.  To do that with apache logging would
require the APR macros to be masked out.  Since you'd be adding
overhead to everything the server does, you'll never get it accepted
into the main source tree, unless you can at the very least make it
conditionally compile.

--
Nick Kew