William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Chinese firedrill time folks.

There is a vulnerability affecting mod_rewrite which this release addresses. See the recent commit activity for detail. Need your votes on the following
in the usual http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

 +/-1  Package
 [+1]  apache_1.3.37
 [+1]  httpd-2.0.59
 [+1]  httpd-2.2.3(*)

All win32 installers packaged, upon counting votes - these three are
released.  Website updated, files trickling through the mirrors.  Thanks
to all who tested so quickly on their Thursday afternoon/evening!

We will transmit the announcement about 12 hours from now, 1200 GMT to
permit the mirrors to catch up first.

(*) In order to create the win32 -src.zip package, it was necessary to back
    out the change for the resource compiler that had changed
    /d LONG_NAME="Apache Component X" to /d "LONG_NAME=Apache Component X"
    since VC6 won't accept this, and the generated command line make is
    broken by this change.  I did not modify the .tar files, only -src.zip.
    The solution that will work in VisualStudio 2005 GUI Mode and the older
    compilers is more complex than I would introduce in a urgent release.