On Mon, 2006-31-07 at 12:04 -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Nope.
> >
> > Load balancing really belongs at the network layer.
<snip>
> > But, I suppose, if people want it ...
> >

> People want to simplify things.

The simple solution is to buy a bigger piece of hardware or outsource
the problem to the relevent experts.

Trying to do meaningful load-balancing within an application will not be
simple.  At the router it is simple.  All the required data is present
in one spot.

Look.  I really don't want to discourage you.  Especially, since it has
been claimed that the work has already been done.

The real danger, I see, is that you try to become all things to all
people when there does not seem to be resources to solve problems which
are very specific to the core application.

--
--gh