Graham Leggett wrote:

I have not seen inside the htcacheclean code, why is the code reading the
headers? In theory the cache should be purged based on last access time,
deleted as space is needed.

Everyone should be mounting cache directories noatime, unless they don't care about performance...

Your patch is battle tested, and fixes some specific problems, the only
issue that I think needs to be resolved is the question of whether single
file or multiple files are preferable, taking into account performance on
platforms other that Linux as well.

I'm very interested in this as well. Very good ideas that just need a little refinement.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer