Nick Kew wrote:

> I would suspect that anyone asking for crap in the subject line
> needs to rtfm procmail, or whatever other tools they have available.
> Sorting of incoming mail has been a solved problem for over 20 years.

I agree with you, up until the introduction of webmail.

Since this list is ment to be accessible, I'm weighing slightly more
heavily in favor of the user-subscribers over the diehard coding nutjobs
like you and I.  We have tools that force lists to behave the way we
prefer because we live on the lists.  Our casual readers, not so much.

If we are trying to be inclusive and attract more module authors (and
hopefully httpd contributors down the road) we need to be approachable.

That said, I'll sit back and read how this thread plays out.

Bill