On 4/27/07, Patrick Welche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I expected not to be prompted to login by the above configuration.
(also tried AuthBasicAuthoritative Off, and have read the fine manual..)

Just to eliminate the obvious, have you actually checked the
access_log to verify that the IP address/hostname reported there match
your Require directives? (For example, if you are testing on the same
host, you may be coming in over the loop-back 127.0.0.1/localhost.)
Otherwise, I agree that you shouldn't be getting a login prompt.

Joshua.