Are you sure that there are no other conflicting ACLs?

On Apr 27, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Patrick Welche wrote:

Basically, bug or configuration error?

Using httpd trunk 529626, of Apr 19 2007, I tried a FAQ configuration
with the new authentication framework:

<Directory "/usr/local/share/httpd/htdocs/learn">
    AuthType basic
    AuthName "raven test"
    AuthBasicProvider file
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/pass.txt
    <SatisfyOne>
        Require host quartz.itdept.newn.cam.ac.uk
        Require ip 192.168.200.180
        Require valid-user
    </SatisfyOne>
</Directory>

quartz% hostname
quartz.itdept.newn.cam.ac.uk
quartz% lynx http://test.itdept.newn.cam.ac.uk/learn
Alert!: Access without authorization denied -- retrying
Username for 'raven test' at server 'test.itdept.newn.cam.ac.uk':

I expected not to be prompted to login by the above configuration.
(also tried AuthBasicAuthoritative Off, and have read the fine manual..)

Cheers,

Patrick