On May 3, 2007, at 4:37 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
On Wed, 2 May 2007, Jim Jagielski wrote:

In fact, to be honest, it would be easier still to just
update ftp_direntry_get() to use apr_fnmatch(), since we
always want to support globing. ftp_direntry_get already
does most of what makes apr_match_glob attractive in
the 1st place.

Should have a patch to commit later on tomorrow,
after some more tests :)

I suspect that you're fixing the large file issues while you're at it?

Another thing I noticed when we started to look at mod_ftp (looking at
strace/truss-output trying to figure out why things didn't work) was
that it stats all entries in a directory twice, first explicitly and
then via the subreq. Wouldn't the subreq be enough? It's no biggie for now, but it would be nice to get rid of unneccessary stats as a bonus ;)

This is a separate issue; we need to refactor out 90% of the subrequests
and treat these at top level requests.

Agreed... Some of them, of course, we can't get rid
of, and the current design was basically for ease of
development.