This is hackisch, but I guess we have no other choice. Another good reason
to hate the approach we are using to do HTTP client operations in the proxy
code. Inverting the filter chains we use for request handling in order to do
HTTP requests by ourselves has really a lot of nasty sideeffects.
Enough rant for now :-).

Regards

Rüdiger