On Jul 4, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Joe Orton wrote:

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 12:50:37PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
On Jun 28, 2007, at 7:56 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
So, final comments on this?  If there's consensus that this is the
approach to take I'll revert the pidtable stuff out of trunk, commit
this there, and propose the backport.

Don't forget the 1.3 branch...

I've been trying to get a patch together for 1.3.x but the portability
stuff keeps biting me - accurately detecting presence of getpgid is
harder with the 1.3 build system even on Linux (it's hidden without
_GNU_SOURCE defined, but helpers/TestCompile still detects it... etc).

So I'd say stick with the existing pid-table stuff for 1.3 - I tested it
with mod_scribble and it prevents the exploits tested there.

I agree... I also tried porting the pgid stuff back and it
was not as easy or straightforward as I would have hoped.
With 1.3, having a parent table is certainly more "self-contained"
than possible with 2.x and doesn't involve any portability
issues, afaikt.