On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:20 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:
Any interest in seeing if the Async write completion code in
trunk would be suitable for backporting to 2.2?

The biggest problem is that async write completion in trunk got tied up
in doing async reads, and some of those patches got reverted because
they broke too much stuff.... Brian Panee was the one spearheading this
in trunk, an I don't know where it was really left off.

TBH, I'm not sure the async write stuff even works perfectly in trunk,
so I am hesisant to backport it to 2.2, when I know the event MPM works
pretty well for its limmited use cases there (just KeepAlive).

My preference would be to get a workable solution for async reads and
write in turnk, and then look at backporting that as a whole. (or
releasing 2.4.x with it)

Well, that's the big reason I proposed this... I fear that
the async stuff will not be worked on/polished unless there
is some indication that it'll be in a released version
of Apache. My proposing a backport I'm hoping to generate
interest in that, so we can either *really* backport it
to 2.2 or "encourage" a pre-amsterdam 2.4 release.