Steffen wrote:
> With 2.2.6  third party mod mod_fcgid (Fast cgi) is broken.
>
> With 2.2.5 RC it was all fine.
>
> mod_fcgid  is widely used in the community with php.

I guess my puzzlement is that the fastcgi model I understand;

  fork...
    instantiate child
    spining cgid listener - on accept...
    fork
      run

with only a single instantiated child ready to be forked off in multiple
copies simply doesn't work on win32.  You can emulate the behavior, but
you either end up exec'ing each time, or you end up recycling the same
process leading to a less secure process separation model.

In any case, the changes to Win32 now mirror the OS2 model, so one expects
if mod_fcgid is broken on Win32, its been broken on OS2.

So it's likely you'll need to ask the maintainers of the win32 port
of mod_fcgid what is going on, and advise them that process inheritance
has been changed to inhibit the leaking of pipes on the win32 platform,
a problem that the PHP community brought to us long ago with respect to
the unix platform (and was resolved with close_for_exec logic in the
httpd pool model, a concept that doesn't translate to win32.)

Bill