On Sep 26, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

On 09/26/2007 07:30 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
In the current log.c code, although the write-end of an initial error
logger is still held by the parent --- until the second logger process
has kicked off.  It seems someone's inherited that write end.  I have
a two line patch attached that

Funny. Two people getting to the same patch independently :-). So
yes, I think your patch does the correct thing.

+1

Needs some review before we kick off 2.2.7 into the real world, since
we close that write end of the logger right after we've launched the
logger. Wondering if this might not be a prefork, worker or event mpm
specific failure case.

I don't think so.

+1 as well...