On 02.10.2007, at 20:52, Paul Querna wrote:

So, the first step is to cut out any illusion that new features are
going into 1.3, with a statement like this:

Starting in January 2008, only critical security issues will be fixed in
Apache HTTP Server versions 1.3.x or 2.0.x.

I honestly believe we will be somewhat responsible for fixing any major
security issues in 1.3 and 2.0 for the next 5-10 years, unless Waka
suddenly explodes and replaces http :-)

Thoughts?

I really like that, but as Bill showed nicely (I love the last paragraph!) I think we should couple that with some PR...

Cheers,
Erik