Meanwhile I withdrew my comment / objection as I could not follow
my own arguments during a second review. I guess I missed one dup2
call on the way what lead to my initial comment.
So I am now +1 on the proposal.

So from my point of view only the review of the low hanging fruits
in the STATUS file is between us and 2.2.7.

Regards

Rüdiger