Michael Clark wrote:
Paul Querna wrote:
How you stubbed out the file io seems fine for the lifetime of 2.2.x and maybe 2.4.x, but in the long run, I believe we need to support some kind of "VFS" layer, to make all IO pluggable. (open file, directory listing, etc etc).

Directory listings in particular are interesting because;

  * mod_proxy_ftp LIST/NLST contents would be a special case that could
    be handled through the usual mod_dir/mod_autoindex modules.

  * mod_ftp would prepare it's directory listing through this VFS layer.

  * virtual (alias, mount) resources could appear in the virtualized
    index listing.