On 02/21/2008 11:59 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

I always thought that apr_off_t and apr_size_t are *always* of the same size and that the only difference between them is that apr_size_t is unsigned whereas apr_off_t is signed.
Is this thought correct?

NO NO NO no no.

off_t represents an index to storage (io through FILE, fd, apr_file
whatever).

size_t represents an index to memory, corresponding to sizeof(void*)

off = offset into externals, size = offset into our memory space.

Many thanks for the clarification and just to make a complete fool of myself
before I leave for bed :-):

apr_off_t is always signed whereas apr_size_t is always unsigned, correct?

Regards

Rüdiger