On 8/4/08 12:59 PM, "Mladen Turk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mod_balancer decaying (averaging) the transferred statistics,
>               so that node-up/recovery doesn't consume all the load.
> mod_proxy_ajp sending ping/pong at regular intervals (detecting
>                node failure before request)
> mod_cache probably lots of use cases since its time interval related

Couldn't these be in the monitor hook in parent, assuming some shared memory
tied the children together?

I'm +1 on the idea.  For 99% of my stuff, the servers get access frequently
enough that it doesn't matter, but I have had to hack together a few child
maintenance threads.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer