On 8/4/08 3:41 PM, "Jim Jagielski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> *grin*
>
> I've always wondered what usefulness
>
>         ap_run_monitor(p)

FWIW, we use the monitor hook all the time... Most of our stuff uses some
shared memory and the monitor hook in parent, but I have considered hacking
something into each child (I may have actually done that before...).  We
rarely have overly idle children, so we do have something that does like
what Paul was suggesting.  We used one of the really late connection hooks
(I think, I'm away from my normal computing spot), so we didn't hack the
MPM, but what Paul suggests sound plausible.  Of course, we run more threads
per child than a lot of people, so an extra "utility" thread would not be
such a big deal and may keep some stuff "cleaner."

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer