My environment is affected by bug 40047, the lack of a mod_proxy_ajp equivalent to mod_jk's JkEnvVar directive. (The mod_rewrite gyrations required to work around this with AJP_* vars are too unpleasant to maintain.) If I write a patch for this feature, might it stand a chance of upstream inclusion? If so, thoughts on the following would be appreciated.

* The directive should probably be handled by mod_proxy. It may be relevant to protocols besides AJP, and mod_proxy already has configuration objects, unlike mod_proxy_ajp.

* A lot of the code can probably be reused from mod_jk, unless anyone foresees a problem with this.

* What's an appropriate name for the directive -- ProxyEnvVar?

--
Ian Ward Comfort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University