On 10/13/2008 10:04 PM, Jess Holle wrote:
> Jess Holle wrote:
>> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>> So if noone finds a registry entry to stop this RFC violating behaviour
>>>
>> I'd love to see this solved by such a discovery, "option 0".
>>> I see only two options on Windows:
>>>
>>> 1. Fiddle around with GetTcpTable.
>>>
>> I've attached my incomplete code in this regard (as a diff against
>> 2.2.9, which is what I used as the base for my changes) for what
>> they're worth.  There are TO_DO notes where I know I'm missing stuff.
>> I tested basic use of GetTcpTable(), which solved the problem, but
>> haven't completed my conversion to caching this data -- in part
>> because I don't know where to allocate an lock to arbitrate access to
>> this cached data.
> I forgot the -u on my diff.  Here's a unified diff.

Thanks for this. Given that it introduces a lot of platform specific code
to the proxy and given the outstanding cache problem I would like to
wait for Bill's proposal to improve apr_socket_connect within APR as
this looks more appealing overall.
If improving APR turns out to be not possible I would come back to your
patch.

Regards

RĂ¼diger