Ruediger Pluem wrote:
On 10/13/2008 10:04 PM, Jess Holle wrote:
Jess Holle wrote:
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
So if noone finds a registry entry to stop this RFC violating behaviour
I'd love to see this solved by such a discovery, "option 0".
I see only two options on Windows:

1. Fiddle around with GetTcpTable.
I've attached my incomplete code in this regard (as a diff against
2.2.9, which is what I used as the base for my changes) for what
they're worth. There are TO_DO notes where I know I'm missing stuff. I tested basic use of GetTcpTable(), which solved the problem, but
haven't completed my conversion to caching this data -- in part
because I don't know where to allocate an lock to arbitrate access to
this cached data.
I forgot the -u on my diff.  Here's a unified diff.
Thanks for this. Given that it introduces a lot of platform specific code
to the proxy and given the outstanding cache problem I would like to
wait for Bill's proposal to improve apr_socket_connect within APR as
this looks more appealing overall.
If improving APR turns out to be not possible I would come back to your
patch.
That makes perfect sense to me. I was going to set the code aside for now myself for similar reasons, but wanted to share it before I forgot in case it turns out to be useful. [And, yes, I know the platform-specific bit in the middle of mod_proxy was rather ugly -- and requires 1 additional Win32 library be added to mod_proxy's VC++ config as well...]

--
Jess Holle