On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>> Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.3.4-alpha are available at:
>>    <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/>
>>
>> Your votes please;
>>
>>  +/- 1
>>  [  ]  Release httpd-2.3.4 as Alpha
>
>    +1 for httpd-2.3.4-alpha.tar.gz
>
>    -1 for httpd-2.3.4-alpha-deps.tar.gz ...
>
> and since httpd-2.3.4-alpha-deps is not the same (and is in fact an
> entirely separate package of unreleased software), is not necessarily
> tested as part of registering this vote you called above, I must insist
> you hold a separate vote on that package to call it a release, or in any
> way park it on httpd://www.a.o/dist/.  I personally might vote against,
> but it's the [explicit] decision of the httpd PMC folks to decide if this
> does or doesn't happen.

I am trying to parse what you mean by this vote Bill.

The vote is on all of the source release, including the -deps
tarballs.  For the terms of the vote, I will interpret this as a -1 on
the entire release.

I agree, the root of the problem is the APR project, and they should
do a release when they see fit.

I don't agree that we can't release a bundled unreleased version of
APR, we did this for many versions of httpd 2.0.x and 2.1.x.  It
definitely isn't preferred, but that's the APR project's problem.

Thanks,

Paul