On Dec 8, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Eric Covener wrote:

... and assume overlaps are intentional opt-in to name-based vhosts?

The selection algorithm would not change, meaning you'd still only be
selecting from the best ip-based match.

We'd lose the warning about overlapping vhosts, and maybe incur some
overhead on mapping a vhost that was unintentionally showing up
multiple times.

Just kicking the idea around since NVH seems to be tough for users to grok.

+1 to the concept. Virtual hosts are (based on user questions) too hard to understand, and I think we could improve that situation by making the configuration smarter.

--
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com