Hello,

The module that I am writing has an external configuration file that it
parses and loads into configuration when the server loads. Before every
request it checks to see if the configuration file has been updated and if
it has it reloads the configuration. The configuration should be shared over
the entire server. The problem I am running into is that after the
configuration file is updated the new configuration gets reloaded and stored
in memory but after a little while, the configuration reverts back to it's
previous version. I assume that this is because a new process was spawned to
handle a new request and the updated memory didn't get carried over (even
though the pointer address didn't change...)

My question is this: What mechanism should I be using in order to
store persistent, mutable, configuration data that is shared between every
child process?

Jason