On 07/01/2011 06:08 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
Hi Bill, Steffen,

All I can add to this at the moment is this is happening in XP, I am running in
Vista x86 just fine.  I have not built on 2008 R2 x64 yet but I will assume
(ouch) for now it will work fine there as well.

Same here. XP/SP3 is unusable and didn't came to the Win7 yet.
Endless loop of assertions and debugger cannot actually help.
httpd -X helps but only that you have to click 20 times on
the assertion popup.

Some apr-util stuff like dbm is almost impossible to
build and wasn't able to compile the ldap at all.
I used Apache.dsw to create .mak files and that produced
unusable build cause pcre is missing
(The one from 2.2 doesn't work unless you manually copy files, and
 axe pcre(posix).dll in install)

Bottom line. Needs some work to get that into the shape so that
folks can build it.

Regards
--
^TM