On 09.11.2011 13:53, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
This one in from the users@ list. It sounds vaguely familiar
to the issue previously mentioned about win32 defaults and some
strange dependency failure between proxy_balancer and slotmem
providers.

Only, this is on the bleeding edge beta posted today, and hits
Unix (particularly with our new cleaned-up default for #LoadModule).

I talked with Rainer about this and we came to the conclusion, that we
simply should keep non-default modules commented out, even if they have
been explicitly enabled with --enable-foo. This has also the advantage
that it is more likely that the user will only enable what he currently
needs, even if he has built some additional modules he may need later.

Does anyone disagree?

To recall: that would mean the LoadModule lines for the following modules are the only ones *not* commented out in the default config (including latest feedback):

access_compat_module
alias_module
allowmethods_module
auth_basic_module
authn_core_module
authn_file_module
authz_core_module
authz_groupfile_module
authz_host_module
authz_user_module
autoindex_module
cgid_module
dir_module
env_module
filter_module
include_module
log_config_module
mime_module
negotiation_module
reqtimeout_module
setenvif_module
status_module
unixd_module
userdir_module
version_module

plus the default MPM.

What about:

autoindex_module
cgid_module
filter_module
include_module
negotiation_module
userdir_module

Shouldn't we comment them out as well?

Concerning the AAA modules. Since there is by default no user/group config, shouldn't we also comment out:

auth_basic_module
authn_file_module
authz_groupfile_module
authz_user_module

Finally I'm not sure about allowmethods_module. It is very useful, but not used in the default config.

Rainer