On 13 Feb 2011, at 9:59 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

On Feb 12, 2011, at 6:03 PM, minf...@apache.org wrote:

Author: minfrin
Date: Sun Feb 13 02:03:29 2011
New Revision: 1070179

Log:
mod_cache: When a request other than GET or HEAD arrives, we must
invalidate existing cache entities as per RFC2616 13.10. PR 15868.

Cache entries should not be invalidated unless the response comes
back as a success (2xx).  Likewise, it only applies to methods with
known write effects (not including TRACE, OPTIONS, PROPFIND, etc.).

This has already been updated in httpbis p6.

Reviving this unresolved issue.

I need to update r1070179 to fix this, do I a) revert r1070179 on v2.4.x and continue to fix on trunk, or b) fix this on trunk and v2.4.x at the risk of potential further delay?

Regards,
Graham